Saturday 13 March 2010

Change of plans

We (The Professor and I) decided to take a trip to Ikea today to suss out together what we need for the new flat. Our Boy refused to spend two weekends in a row at Ikea... However, on our way to the store in Milton Keynes we almost got stuck in a long queue due to an accident. We therefore turned around and decided to check out what other chains could offer.

After a quick bite for lunch in Starbucks - where I had my first "Chai Tea Latte" which I am not sure I liked...(also - why call it "Tea tea latte"?) -  we checked out Habitat, Furniture Village, ScS, and a new chain in town called Slidarobes. They had some really nifty wardrobe solutions for regular but also unusual spaces. They are rather expensive, but I guess that is what happens when you get something bespoke. Food for thought both for the new flat and for the current house...

We didn't see ANYTHING we liked in the other shops. Think we might try Ikea again as I would like to order at least a bed and a sofa on-line to have delivered to the flat once we know for sure the take over date.

The rest can come later.

2 comments:

  1. Never heard of such tea. have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Norge kaller vi det bare Chai latte. Chai latte med soyamelk - deilig:)

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest