Tuesday 9 March 2010

Memories

Winter evenings are great for many types of hobbies. I have for many years been an avid "hobby- genealogist". I think this stems from not knowing my father's family too well, but at the same time feeling a strong sense of kinship and belonging. I guess that physically resembling people on my father's side of the family has also helped in this sense. In later years, other family members have also taken up this hobby and it is interesting to compare notes and it gives us a joint interest in our shared past and history. The Internet has made searches in many public archives so easy and this is great for a rather impatient person like myself! The Internet has also served to renew and reinforce the bonds between many of my relatives across countries and continents. 

I have also made some attempts to writing down some of the family stories and what I have come to suspect are family "myths", but that is an entirely different kettle of fish! One day...

The beautiful lady above is my grand mother who sadly died very young. I don't see it myself, but apparently I look like her, as does one of my cousins.

1 comment:

  1. Love this picture of our grandmother, (far-mor)! I stole it and saved to my computer.

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest