Friday 19 March 2010

Weekend Delights

The picture is borrowed from http://thevintagemoth.blogspot.com/

After a rather stressful week at work and with a cold (which is now on the mend, I am happy to say...)
I have the following "plan"for the weekend:

  • ... a little bit of knitting

  • ... a little bit of shopping

  • ... a bit more of self pampering

  • ... a lot of cuddling with The Cat

  • ... a low key NowRuz Celebration

  • ... a little bit of snoozing in the afternoon

  • ... a little bit of coffee (latte or cappucino)

  • ... a little bit of housework (not "TOO" much)

  • ... a little bit of walking in the glorious spring sunshine

  • ... a lot of talking and spending time with Our Boy (teenage boys CAN have a lot they want to talk about if you let them come when it suits them...;-))
  • ... a little bit of baking (thinking of making my namesake Miss Mette's Best Buns In the World - I am happy to translate it if you need it in English)
  • ... and not least going to a 
SURPRISE BIRTDAY PARTY!

8 comments:

  1. Whose birthday? Do tell!
    Have a great weekend, Mette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes - you do know who it is, Sarah - I don't think she knows about my blog so it should be safe to spill the beans: it is our South African friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, do wish her all my very best! I'm sure I'm sending this message too late for you to have been able to pass along my greetings, but just in case ...
    Hope you have (or have had) a great time!!
    Ciao,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Håper du har gjort flest gledesfylte ting , og ikke så mange plikter...
    Det er viktig i helgene!

    klem

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mette -if that recipe really is for the best buns in the world, then I might just need an english translation I's afraid. Also your soup - do you serve it hot or cold?

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnneMarie:
    Here is a quick translation of the buns (very Norwegian):

    1 liter milk
    300 gr butter
    250 gr powder sugar
    100 gr fresh yeast
    1.5 kg flour
    0.5 tsp cardamom

    Bring the milk, butter and powder sugar to a boil.
    Cool it down till it is “fingerwarm” (37C)
    Add the yeast to the liquid
    Mix in the cardamom and flour.
    Knead the dough till it is smooth and elastic.

    Make little balls (about 40) and put them on baking parchment
    Let them rise in a warm place for about 1 hr.

    Bake them in the oven at 250C for 7-10 mins
    Cool and sift powder sugar over them before serving.

    I think there are two things that is different from most other recipies: 1) using powder sugar instead of regular sugar and 2)it only needs rising once. I don't have fresh yeast, but I will see how it goes with dry yeast.

    Tulip - takk for paminnelsen! Her er det mest gledefylte ting, ja! Saerlig med stralende sol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anne Marie - about the soup. I serve it warm (still a bit nippy here so we need a warm soup), but I guess it will work cold as well like a gazpacho...?

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest