Wednesday 21 April 2010

Knitted Jewellery


Knitted jewellery might sound strange, but that is what I did the last two nights while watching television.

Last summer we had a break in to our house and all my jewellery was taken. It was heart breaking. So many memories were lost. There were many things of no particular monetary value that means nothing to anybody else, but were precious to me. But onwards and upwards! That is now in the past and no point in dwelling on it (although... if I ever met those @&%* who did it...!).

I have always loved jewellery and being married to an Iranian has its perks particularly in this respect as especially my in-laws have always been very generous to me.

I have also dabbled in making a few things of my own. This is my latest "creation":

It is knitted 0.3mm wire with seed beeds threaded onto the wire (knitting needle no 3-ish). The most time consuming part was actually to thread all the beeds onto the wire.
I then cast seven stitches and knitted it incorporating the beeds occassionally as I went on to the length needed.
I proceed with folding the bracelet lengthways and rolled in my hands to this rounded effect.
I used a lobster clasp with a split ring as the fastening. 

Voila!

1 comment:

Pinterest