Monday 19 April 2010

Volcano

Telegraph.co.uk
It would be a strange diary if I didn't mention what half the world is talking about at the moment: the volcanic activities on Iceland.
It would also be strange if I didn't mention how extensively this is effecting more and more countries as the wind blows the ashes and makes the airspace unsafe.
I spent about 2 hours today trying to get a ticket from London to Paris for somebody who needs to go to Berlin. In the end, we couldn't get a suitable ticket for love nor money from Paris to Berlin, so the meeting is cancelled.
I have heard from 4 collegues this morning who are stranded around the world unable to fly back to the UK.
The volcano really timed its activities well as today was the start of the new term at school and many people will have been trying to make their ways back home. The worst case I have heard so far is of friends stranded in Iran and given 9 May as the next available flyout date...

I am sure the kids are thrilled for this extra "holiday"!

2 comments:

  1. Actually, we're kinda wondering ourselves whether we can get over this summer! That said, I know of one person who's stranded with her kids in Cyprus ... could be worse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no! It MUST be over by then....

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest