Monday 10 May 2010

Crazy About Frames


I am going through a period where I am changing the picture frames in the house.
This is now my white period.
I have been through a gold-period, silver-period, no-particular-period-just-anything-period, wooden-period, Persian-miniature-period... you name it, I have probably been there. There are BOXES of frames stashed away. Should really consider paiting and reusing some of them!

I can't justify buying all the frames at the same time, but every time I go to TK Max or Homesense I pick up a new frame... They are so inexpensive, and lovely!

I wanted to get a nice frame for this picture of The Professor in a pensive moment taken at a conference by a professional photographer.

I find that after I got a digital camera some years ago I don't often print pictures anymore. Judging by our albums it is as if our lives stopped a few years ago! My pictures are really precious to me. I think that if the house was on fire, after rescuing my family and The Cat, I would go for the pictures. They are my memories and amongst my most treasured posessions. I am not a particularly skilled photographer, but that doesn't matter. They are the recording of my past and aids the memories, some happy and some more painful, but no less important, reminders of days gone by. 

The plan is to find time on a rainy weekend to put together some photobooks and have some of the pictures printed. I love bringing out the pictures and looking at them and not just store them on the computer. Which reminds me that I should take a new backup since it is a little while since last time...

Back to the frame - I got the wrong size (didn't remember to measure it, of course) so this frame will have to wait till I find another picture that suits and next time I go to Homesense I will remember to write down the photosize!

2 comments:

  1. Så utrolig vittig! Dette innlegget kunne vært skrevet av meg:-) Har jo skikkelig rammefetisj, og har et ganske solid rammelager liggende fra diverse ulike perioder. Og nå er også jeg i den hvite perioden, og har gått løs på de gamle gullrammene og trerammene med hvit spraymaling. Den hvite rammen din var forresten skikkelig lekker!

    Bare ordet album gir meg dårlig samvittighet.... Det er vel bare å hoppe i det:-) Lykke til med albumplanene dine!

    Klem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tihi - nei, bildene gjør seg ikke på en EHD! Sett deg ned og last inn - og du skal se at det tar ikke så lang tid å lage en album! Det trenger ikke være så avansert, vettu. Bilder på veggene har jeg lite av, rammer enda mindre. i så fall er det svarte, metallik eller hvite enkle fra IKEA. Er ikke noe sånt interiør-menneske, jeg. Selv om jeg svært svært gjerne skulle vært det :-)

    Ha en fortreffelig dag!

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest