Friday 14 May 2010

In memory of a friend

I had some very sad news today.
An old professor, colleague, and friend of mine passed away yesterday.

He was a true old fashioned gentleman and a sweetheart. He became 83 and had had a very interesting life filled with events that could fill books and films.

 It is a few years since we worked together, but up until he moved to his daughter in Ireland last year he would still regularly come to town to take me for lunch in his college. It was lovely seeing how respectfully he was treated when we entered the hall and how everybody knew him. It made me feel very special, too. These visits were always such a treat and I enjoyed our conversations so much.  It feels like an era is passing when the old dons die. I feel so privileged to have known him.

1 comment:

  1. Det er alltid trist når noen dør, men du har iallefall flotte minner om denne gentlemannen!

    Nydelig skrevet!

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest